- Where can I find Tax Information Related to the Separation of CDK Global, Inc. from Automatic Data Processing, Inc.?
- Please see the FAQs section of ADP’s Investor Relations website at http://investors.adp.com/faq.cfm
- What is a Direct Registration System?
- A Direct Registration System (DRS) allows investors to have securities registered in their names without the issuance of physical certificates. All uncertificated shares of common stock of CDK Global are registered electronically in an account maintained by EQ Shareowner Services, CDK Global’s transfer agent and have the same rights and benefits as certificated shares, but without the risk of certificate theft, loss or misplacement. Additional details regarding DRS may be found on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website, http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/holdsec.htm.
- What are the benefits of DRS?
- Holding shares in book-entry form through DRS has many benefits to our stockholders, including:
- It helps reduce the risks and costs associated with storing share certificates and replacing lost or stolen certificates;
- It facilitates electronic transfer of stock to a new holder without a need to present a physical certificate;
- It makes possible moving shares electronically between your broker and EQ Shareowner Services;
- It gives you an opportunity to trade at any time and not risk “missing the market” because of delays associated with the handling of physical certificates; and
- It facilitates electronic processing of new issuances of stock associated with corporate actions (such as stock splits, reverse stock splits, mergers, etc.).
- In addition, DRS brings significant advantages to CDK Global, such as:
- Immediate cost savings from elimination of printing, storage, insurance, and postage to mail certificates to stockholders;
- Reduction in administrative costs attributable to lost certificate processing and related shareholder inquiries and correspondence;
- Elimination of the opportunity for previously cancelled certificates to be fraudulently presented as valid instruments; and
- Potential savings in the time and expense associated with the research and processing of unexchanged certificates from any corporate actions.
- Can I receive a share certificate for my book-entry shares?
- No, you cannot receive a share certificate for all or a portion of your shares held in book-entry form through DRS. The Board of Directors of CDK Global has resolved that all shares of CDK Global’s common stock will be uncertificated.
- How do I transfer my shares to or from my brokerage account or sell my shares?
- In order to sell shares held in your DRS account, you will need to have a stock brokerage account, which you may open (if you don't already have one) at the broker of your choosing. If you wish to transfer your shares from your DRS account at EQ Shareowner Services to your brokerage account, whether or not you plan to sell your shares, contact your broker and provide him or her with your DRS account information. Your broker will then electronically initiate the transfer of your book-entry shares based on your instructions.
- How do I transfer shares held through DRS to a new owner?
- You may transfer shares to a new owner by contacting the EQ Shareowner Services. Your instruction must include a Medallion Signature Guarantee. More detailed instructions are available at www.shareowneronline.com.
- What documents will I receive showing my shares held through DRS?
- You will receive a DRS Statement following each transaction involving your shares held through DRS. You can also view your account at www.shareowneronline.com.
- Will there be any cost to me to hold my shares through DRS?
- You will not be charged by CDK Global or EQ Shareowner Services for holding your shares of CDK Global common stock through DRS.
- How do I know my book-entry shares are safe and cannot be transferred without my consent?
- Your written consent and a Medallion Signature Guarantee are required by EQ Shareowner Services to transfer shares to any third party. If you choose to supply a broker with your DRS account information, your broker is responsible for obtaining your instructions and properly documenting any transfer or sale.
- How do I contact EQ Shareowner Services?
- EQ Shareowner Services may be reached as follows:
651-450-4064 Outside the United States
An automated voice response system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Customer Service Representatives are available from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.,
Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
EQ Shareowner Services
P.O. Box 64874
St. Paul, MN 55164-0874
Certified and overnight delivery:
EQ Shareowner Services
1110 Centre Pointe Curve, Suite 101
Mendota Heights, MN 55120